Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sandy

So, a lot has happened since I've written last but let's talk about the now.

I am doing laundry now getting myself prepped for a four day road extravaganza! My time with the UCC in Utah is coming to a close.  But my time with the UCC isn't.  Starting tomorrow I will be traveling back to the east coast. Why you may ask?

Well, it's simple really.  In Americorps, we devote ourselves to serving our country the best way we know.  Mostly in the conservation world, that's awesome trail work from the high mountains to the high desert.  But occasionally other opportunities present themselves.  Most/all of you are aware of the effects of Super-storm Sandy.  Well, hundreds to thousands of volunteers are being asked and recruited to help with the disaster relief.

I just happen to be one of those volunteers.

So, I will arrive in Maine on Saturday.  Pull myself together and be back in New York on Monday evening.  From there I will be working for some indeterminate time from three to four weeks.

It is amazing how we all can pull together in this time of need.  I have been listening to news reports on various radio stations and I can barely imagine the damage.  I will do what is in my power to help and hopefully soon we can be through this but it will take a lot of work.  Those closest to me were pretty lucky with the storm I hear so I am thankful for that. And I hope to see them soon.  I wish the best of luck to all the families affected.

Time to get ready and hit the open road!

No comments:

Post a Comment